Old 12-07-2006, 12:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Default Best resources for plant info?

In message , "[H]omer" writes
Looking for extremely comprehensive plant information on mainly
British species of pretty much everything, from fungi to oak trees,
and everything in between, both wild (so-called weeds) and domestic.

I'd prefer electronic form, since there is significantly more space
available on my hard drive than on my bookshelf.

Type of info required:

. Positive identification
. Common and Latin names
. Soil and environmental conditions
. Life cycle and reproduction
. Common pests, diseases and cures (organic) per species
. Productivity tips, esp. WRT fruit and vegetables
. General care advice

Need to identify and revive the contents of my garden, and improve a
section of common land. Also looking to grow my own fruit and veg.

I'm not in a hurry to learn everything on day one, but I'd feel more
comfortable with an authoritative and comprehensive reference,
esp. WRT British wild plants, that seems lacking in literature (that I
could find anyway).

Clive Stace, New Flora of the British Isles. You should be able to find
a copy in a library near you.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley