Old 12-07-2006, 02:29 PM posted to uk.local.southwest,uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat

Default Syd Barret dies

"JonDown" wrote in message
. ..
John wrote:
Blowing the dust off Opel this very minute.

I have The Madcap Laughs & Barrett on vinyl from 1970...purchased about
1973 & copied on to cassette just twice over the last 33 years to listen
to so at most they have been played three or four times each....in brown
paper slip covers for the last 15 years so I suppose they are as close to
mint as you can get....might be worth a bob or two....'and orf!
Any other albums released mainly seem to be a rehash of this same material
except for Peel & Radio 1.
I might stick the cassettes in the van for a listen later.

When I was in the army serving in Germany during the seventies, John Peel
presented Rock Today for BFBS, always used interstellar overdrive as intro
music. Still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

RIP Syd

Steve