Old 12-07-2006, 06:34 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Fish Deaths

On 11 Jul 2006 15:35:42 -0700, wrote:

Out of some of the deaths in the pond, some fish had their head and
their tails missing. (morbid I know) We hopefully have managed to save
about half the fish.
Graham

Refill pond, make sure temp & pH are similar to holding tank. Add salt
(0.1%) to destress the fish.... but.... prior to all that, decided what
kind of predator prevention you want to use. There are many on the market
now. Some swear by the Cat Scat, but it doesn't work on birds. I use a
motion sprinkler called a Scare Crow. I also hang metallic windsoxs and
mirror mobiles above my pond. And put fake decoy fish in my ponds.

So far no one has gone missing. ~ jan
www.jjspond.us

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium