Old 12-07-2006, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

Default Runner beans having a problem.

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Nick Maclaren" wrote ((snip))

Wouldn't make a huge difference - the aphids fly a respectable distance.

Read an article recently which said that scientists have found aphids
being taken to the upper atmosphere by thermals freezing and being blown
a long way before dropping down, thawing and going about their business.
Frightening!
Hope it's not true.

I wonder how they do that. The scientists I mean, not the aphids. I mean,
how do they know the aphids they've got are ones that have done the grand
tour, and not local yokels? Maybe they get their passports stamped at
altitude or send those postcards like you get that say "posted at the top
of Snowdon" or wherever.

Steve

I wondered that too but didn't like to show more ignorance than is obviously
apparent!

Mary