Old 12-07-2006, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Default Best resources for plant info?

In message , "[H]omer" writes
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
In message , "[H]omer"
writes

an authoritative and comprehensive reference, esp. WRT British wild
plants, that seems lacking in literature (that I could find
anyway).

Clive Stace, New Flora of the British Isles. You should be able to
find a copy in a library near you.

Impressive, and only 26 quid from Amazon.

"bringing the total number of taxa covered to over 4500"

I wonder if there's anything as comprehensive as this for domestic
plants, from the RHS for example.

Anyway, that's on my WishList now

Thanks.

You'll have to decide whether it is suitable for you. There's very few
pictures, so you have to be able to recognise plants by descriptions. (I
use a combination of Stace and Keble-Martin for identification.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley