Old 12-07-2006, 10:31 PM
solaara solaara is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Puce
solaara wrote:
My neighbor has a honeysuckle, which, in the summer has a sort of fungus
which makes the leaves go black, then yellow and then fall off..the
flowers are untouched....help, please!

I've taken down my 6 years old honey suckle, spring flowering, a couple
of days ago precisely because of this. It's varied over the 6 years,
some with good show of fruit but then the following year, no leaves
hardly and very few fruits. I think the place was too sunny for it and
the mildew comes in when the roots get dry. Mine dried whilst I was
away two weeks ago and then it got soaked ... You can use a fungiside
for it, but I don't. Or cover the roots with mulch and keep moist.
Personnaly if this happens every year it's because the honeysuckle is
in the wrong place.

I have printed out your reply for my neighbor...Cheers!