Old 13-07-2006, 01:50 AM
sockiescat sockiescat is offline
Registered User

Smile

Frank Myrl Jeffcoat wrote:
Well, I know we had this discussion awhile back, but I'm desperate.
Those pesky moles are back with a vengence. I know they are supposed
to be solitary critters, but I'm having a real hard time believing it.
My backyard looks like a terrorist training camp is being held just
below the surface!

So let's revisit this. . .I've tried putting chewing gum down the
holes. I've tried the gas sticks, which about killed me from the
fumes. I've poured Clorox down the holes and plugged 'em.

I've tried killing off their food source (the worms and the grubs).

Can you guys give me your latest best advice regarding these bane to
the garden?

I think the poison that finally did mine in contained zinc phosphide.
It's been at least 10 years, and I have not been troubled with moles
since. Prior to that, I was using a mouse type poison which was only
moderately effective.

my mom had a really bad time with moles in her garden . i had read somewhere to try using the windmill things that kids play with. it seems that the vibration that the turning windmill causes underground drives the moles nuts and they were soon gone. moms had really good luck with them but i guess for a lawn its not a real feasible idea. cyaaaa, sockiescat.