Old 13-07-2006, 11:57 AM posted to aus.gardens
ant

Default Passionfruit, was Tree Ferns & Daphne

Jonno wrote:
ant wrote:
Jonno wrote:

Also grow passion fruit vines from freshly opened fruits...Thats
when they germinate the best. Then stand back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

How does that work? Never heard of that! I don't know if they are
growable here, but it's interesting.

Just dry the seeds after removing the pulp. Plant them immediately
after doing so.
Most Nursery Men would have you grow them from a "grafted variety"
like "nelly kelly" A common con. You dont need to buy the grafted
veriet unless you have problems So far so good....
So no need to get those. Mine grew from a seed some one accidentally
added to a pot.
SO I now have some now grated variety which is near a water drain pipe
from a shed its bustedbut feeds water to the vine when it rains.
Perfect co operation and a lot of chook poo does the job. The vine is
now some 300 fruits a year or more.
Dont forget you can prune them to suit you, other wise its all over
red rover everything.... Its huge....
Its a black passion fruit. Dont foget these things are a local fruit.
(NATIVE PLANT) to Australia plus a few other pacific islands...
I have about 15 seedlings ready to plant for some lucky people
locally...

Well, I bet they'll hate it here, but maybe under the deck... will give this
a go.

--
ant