Old 13-07-2006, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default A new hedge required but which one?

In article , Sacha writes:

| I live in North Somerset, near to the coast but sheltered.
| Thanks for the info so far.
|
| You can check what neighbours grow and with your local nursery but I think
| most of the things I've suggested should be okay with you.

Including box? That is normally classed as a slow grower, and likes
chalk and other well-drained alkaline soils. It will grow on others,
of course. Does it really behave differently with you?

He should also add bay - Laurus nobilis - evergreen and useful.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.