Old 13-07-2006, 11:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
William L. Rose

Default Zuch is fizzling

The plant looks fine: big green leaves, nearly 5 feet tall, lots of
flowers. The zuchs grow to about the size of your little finger, then
the flower wilts and the zuch starts browning where the base of the
flower had been. The crook neck next to it is a little slow but seems to
be progressing with small yellow fruit. The plants are on a drip line
(emitter every twelve inches, 1/2 gal./hr.). It has been fed and mulched
and the nearest plant is three feet away from it. They get about six
hours of full sun/day. The temp has been at least 80F for the last month
although it does drop down to the low 50sF at night.

Last year I had two zuchs, so this year I planted one. Any ideas?
Anyone? Anyone?