Old 14-07-2006, 01:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
JimR

Default Lawncare -was Brown grass edges and tips....help (0/1)

For many it's probably a matter of available hours. My house is on 1 acre
(~4,000 sq meters) waterfront, with about half of it being lawn, the
remainder in gardens or oak hammock. I use a lawn service to mow it each
week because it would take me 4-5 manhours to mow and trim, and those are
hours I can spend in the wood shop, or fishing in the lake, or --- .
Especially when I'm working, there aren't enough hours in the week to do my
own lawn care and the other tasks around the house that need doing.

Regards --

"Steveo" wrote in message
"George.com" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"George.com" wrote:
Without wanting to sound offensive, why do so many Americans
seemingly hire people to care for their lawns? It just seems bizarre
to me.

The service industry is a big part of our economy, from pizza to brain
surgery. Why should lawncare be any different?

increasingly here to (New Zealand). Pizza can be delivered, thats ok as I
like pizza. I also like caring for my lawn. Seems a waste of time having
one and letting someone else look after it.

Some have it done because of time constraints, others have it cared for
because they don't know much about it. Some are just lazy.

Nothing at all bizarre about it.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/