Old 14-07-2006, 10:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Default Tiny Snails!

Such devices wouldn't do the job sufficiently anyway.

CO2 "enrichment" for plant growth enhancement is a few-percent thing.
Insecticidal action occurs closer to saturation levels.

"Steve" wrote in message
Robert Lorenzini wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:58:39 -0400, Steve wrote:

Actually, you can buy CO2 in a tank. That should work and would be easier
to keep on hand.

Bicycle stores carry inexpensive CO2 inflators that work with
cartidges. I guess you could place the plant in a plastic
bag and fill but I would not want to treat many plants that
way. On the other hand you would not have to work arround the temp
problem with the dry ice.

Bob

Look, I could make my own:
http://www.discount-hydro.com/co2.asp
Of course, with one of those CO2 generators running in the basement, I
wouldn't dare to go down there. I would suffocate myself! On the brighter
side, my pest problems would be over if I filled the entire basement with
CO2. I know, I'll put on some SCUBA gear so I can go down to see how the
orchids are doing. :-)

Steve