Old 14-07-2006, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Bindweed

John wrote:
My garden has been attacked by bindweed in the last 2 years.
Where has it come from and how do I get rid of it? Because it is
intertwined with established plants it is very difficult to dig up.

Difficult that convolusus - a pain actually. I've learn to live with
it. I plant sticks (made from my cabbage tree or Jersey kale) and let
the bindweed go up it. Then I remove the sticks and make sure I get all
the root out too. If you've got them on established plant, I find that
snapping the base of it and then leave it to die for a couple of days
is then easier to take off the established plants. Or use lots of
patience )