Old 14-07-2006, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Early autumn.....?

Sacha writes
On 13/7/06 23:23, in article ,
"Jane" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
I have no real idea why I feel this but I get the idea we're in for an

early
onset to autumn. Here and there in very scattered localities I've noticed
the small beginnings of a change in the colour of leaves on trees, really
tiny but just enough to make me wonder. Anyone else?
--

I agree. There are various flowers in my garden that aren't usually in
bloom until the end of August, and my blueberries are starting to ripen a

That's just it. It's that elusive 'something'. Some flowers are coming out
and going over rather more quickly than I'd expect

That can be explained by the hot weather. But because we associate
flowers with seasons so strongly, the fact that the mock orange is
already well over makes it feel later in the year than it really is.

and one or two mornings
and evenings have been comparatively chilly.

They often are at this time of year. It's not till August that evenings
are reliably warm. When we used to holiday in June the one thing that
was very clear was that dull rainy days could be very cold indeed in a
way that they weren't in August.

But that said, tonight is hot
and very still and everything smells delicious in the garden! Very, very
weird!

--
Kay