Old 14-07-2006, 08:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob

Default Slow release Fertilizer

jtill wrote:
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:
In article ,
"danny" wrote:

You can use slow-release fertilizer on orchids. Several commercial
nurseries do it, and I know hobbyists who do it. I've always been told not
to use Osmocote because it is too temperature dependent. Dynamite/Nutricote
(I think they're the same thing) are supposed to be much better. There's
another one advertised for orchids (Throw-and-Grow or something like that).
-danny

Here in South-west Florida the local labs I frequent use Dynamite. Been
getting more rain here, too, and will be adding a teaspoon or two to my
plants this weekend myself.

PE

I have Dynamite but will hold off for now. Outside temp. is around 95,
no need to hurry.
Joe T

I have a few oncidiums that could use a little dynamite... Or a
chainsaw. Would a few big firecrackers tied together work?

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1