Old 14-07-2006, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

Default What does it take to get seeds to sprout?

Vivek.M wrote:
Life is like that. I had no luck with sunflowers a few years back. Last
Winter I dug a pond, as it is on sloping ground I used some of the spoil
to make a bank around the lowest part. I just left it to see what
happened, well I have many flowering plants, the usual ubiquitous
poppies but also, yes you guessed it a healthy sunflower. Nature will out.

Wow! After a few years! Hmm..you'd think they'd have rotted out..

Well I did exaggerate, I sowed them 2 years ago last spring. Of course
it may have been imported by a bird.