Old 15-07-2006, 12:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman

Default Bindweed

Hi,
SEparate the bindweed from the host plant, and treat as many leaves as you
can with Tumleweed Gel, dso not cut back, but allow to grow naturally.
This Gel is systemic and gets back to the roots killing them over a period
of time.
Any new growth which developes should be treated the same.
I have eradicated it from my garden, including in the lawn, over a few
years.
Bear in mind that you MAY injure plants close by, if they push their roots
through the dying bindweed roots and take up the herbicide that way, but if
they are mature this should not be much of a problem, as the gel will have
been diluted to a much lower level.
regards
Cineman

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
My garden has been attacked by bindweed in the last 2 years.
Where has it come from and how do I get rid of it? Because it is
intertwined with established plants it is very difficult to dig up.