Old 15-07-2006, 06:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener

Default I've posted a picture on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Elaine wrote:
"betsyb" said"Maybe next year I will mess with gourds and pumpkins."

Been there done that this summer for first time. Planted 10 birdhouse
gourds...WAY to many for the spot I prepared. They are now making their way
into the nearby woods! This was taken a few weeks ago so you can imagine
what they look like now. two would have been plenty.

LOL looks like the gourd and punkin vines are takin' over!

I found a wild pumpkin growing in the foxglove bed in early spring thanks to
the local squirrels.

"wild" pumpkin? nahhhh, just a seed that escaped from either a bird's
taking off with it and dropping it or a squirrel spacing it out after
burying it for safe keeping.....

Moved it near a log pile and it is now climbing into the trees. This is when
it was a baby. I need
to take a more recent picture. Several really odd looking fruit. Some green
striped, some yellow
and some both.

that's what a punkin really looks like! bet it would make bodacious pie LOL

thanks, I've tried many times to share incredible things with my garden
friends, and the times I've sat down to write, I've been distracted to a
degree that the time has slipped past me snatching pictures is the
only way it seems right now........have too much go share and talk about
.. madgardener up on the soaked and damp ridge, back in Fairy Holler
where the night critters are lustily singing praises of the monsoon we
finally got today to rinse off the scorching heat like drunken bikers in
a packed bar, overlooking a steamy, high summer soaked English Mountain
in Eastern Tennessee zone 7 (where it feels like zone 8 or 9) Sunset zone 36