Old 15-07-2006, 03:12 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Elena Sofia

Default Is clay in the lawn a problem?

Srgnt Billko wrote:
"Jim Ledford" wrote in message
Elena Sofia wrote:

My neighbour tells me that my lawn is struggling (in terms of colour
and strength), in spite of my best efforts, because when the house was
built, witnessed by him, there was "a lot of clay in the soil."

What can be done to a lawn that has a lot of clay? Is there a
particular treatment that would lessen whatever adverse effect is
caused by clay?

Thanks.

lime.

I think ya got the right idea - but don't you mean gypsum ?

Can it be applied anytime without interfering with the
fertilizing/week-killing schedule?

Exactly what does lime or gypsum do to the clay?

Thanks.