Old 15-07-2006, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Default Early autumn.....?

In message , Sacha
writes
It's just an overall but inexplicable 'feeling' that autumn will be
early. Maybe it is that plants are blooming late, then fast and so
forth.

That is explicable in terms of a cold wet spring (which has delayed
plant growth, compared to recent years), followed by a hot dry summer
(which has speed maturation of inflorescences, and discouraged secondary
flowering growth). As it is, I've got assorted annuals which I have the
impression are seriously behind, due to the lack of water.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley