Old 16-07-2006, 05:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Phisherman

Default Gardening Workout

On 16 Jul 2006 09:09:35 -0700, "Skyfish1" wrote:

Ok, so I decided I need to drop a few pounds.

I bought an eliptical machine, weights, heart-rate monitor, health
club membership, etc.

The big problem with working out is BOREDOM!

You are not alone. Look at the number of used treadmills on the
market. Plus, all those Nordic Tracs used for valet for holding
clothing. Find activities that you enjoy and do those everyday. I
enjoy mowing the lawn and the activity takes about 3 hours using a
walk-behind mower. All the other neighbors use riding lawn mowers and
get the job done faster, but they are about twice my weight and most
have health problems. Mowing can feel like an intense workout,
especially on hot days with a lot of hills. That's the time I drink
(non-lite) beer!