Old 16-07-2006, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dry Garden

Default Legal ways to water the garden

I've been following the recent hose pipe bans to the letter (I think).

I am aware that according to the law I can do more.

Currently I fill water butt from a hose (when required) and then fill
watering cans from the water butt.

I believe that I could simply put a hose pipe into the watering can and then
water the garden using the hose to refill the watering can continuously? Is
this correct?

If so could this be taken a stage further i.e?

Fill the water butt from a hose, and then attach another hose to the tap of
the water butt and water that way??

Oh and moving up north if not an option btw.

Thanks