Old 18-03-2003, 09:33 PM
Ken Saunders

Default Suggestions on large-scale compost-making???

(Joe Jamies) wrote in message . com...
Hi there,

I would like to improve the soil on my property, which is clay-like
and very hard to work with (hasn't been worked for over 40 years). I
would like to try to add a large amount of compost to improve the
quality of soil, but I need a large amount to do this. I have a
compost pile going, to which I add kitchen waste, grass clippings, and
twigs, but the resulting quantity is not enough and seems like only a
symbolic amount when I look of the size of the potential garden-to-be
(I have about 400 sq. m. available for gardening, but will not use
that much in reality!)........

Joe...see your local jobbing gardener.He's paying to dump
perfectly good compostable material.Do a deal.Control
what he gives you and you are both quids in....Ken