Old 18-07-2006, 12:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
Frank

Default ripeness of peppers & storing cannas over the winter

Olde Hippee wrote:
I feel like a real dummy here. We have 3 different kinds of Peppers
planted, and I don't know how to tell when they're ripe and ready to be
picked. One of them is the eggplant colored peppers and the other 2
are yellow. I guess when the yellows start turning orange they're
ready, but what about the dark one???

I was waiting for an answer as I am not an expert, but I've picked
peppers at all stages of growth and they taste the same. This is a
nice thing about growing them. Let them go on for a long time, and
green will turn red and you get some tough/woody looking spots but
pepper still taste the same.

Frank