Old 18-07-2006, 03:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener

Default Does Anyone Know

glenon wrote:
I don't know how to post to alt. binaries.pictures.gardens. Could someone
advise me? Please?

I got tired of not seeing half of the pictures from
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, and upon the suggestion from my internet
provider geek, I now pay $5.95 a month for SUPERNEWS. It does such a
great job, that I now use Supernews for my access to rec.gardens,
uk.rec.gardening AND alt.binaries.pictures.gardens! before, for
whatever reason, VIC wasn't letting me get ALL of my pictures from the
binaries ng. Be warned though, with subscription to Supernews, you will
discover there are more posts displayed on rec.gardens and other
newsgroups than you ever imagined. It took me a little bit with my
dinosaur ISDN line downloading all the headers........last count as of
today for rec.gardens: 65,607 for uk.rec.gardening : 99,328, and for
alt.binaries : 3,219...........if I were using my provider I'd have
about half that! for the $5.95 a month it's WORTH it to be able to SEE
ALL the pictures that I've missed when trying to visit that site. So
type in supernews.com and see what comes up, subscribe, and it will walk
you thru the process. you'll then download and updated list of ALL the
newsgroups (there's a butt load of them) and since you know what they
start out listed as, go to those and mark them and subscribe.

you might have to tweek the settings for how many headers you download
at one time (I have mine set for the maximum, 1000 headers) and download
as many as you want. the pictures are only a few thousand. wreck and uk
have far more to down load and I stopped at a certain amount on uk, and
haven't downloaded all of wreck's.......I don't need them all, although
apparently windoz HAS reformatted or reconfigured my writings that WERE
in Outlook Express in folders into some elusive folder or something
hidden in my computer's memory, somewhere like .dbx extension files I
think was said......over 399 of my writings I'd painstakingly copied,
pasted and sent to myself and then tediously cleaned and paragraphed the
earlier ones that really were free verse and made people crazy when I
first darkened the gates of this newsgroup........I'll start over, I am
determined to get those gardening books written now. I know that SOME
of my writings weren't bad....LOL

hope this helps. I'll be home tomorrow glued to the house. today and the
weekend was insane in the membrane. tomorrow's high's of 97o or MORE
means I'll be outside watering until I start melting..........

madgardener up on the steamy ridge, back in a hazy Fairy Holler,
overlooking a partially obscured English Mountain in Eastern TEnnessee,
zone 7, Sunset zone 36