Old 18-07-2006, 03:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran

Default Cemetary Roses.

"jtill" wrote in message
oups.com...

Gail Futoran wrote:
"jtill" wrote in message
ps.com...

Gail Futoran wrote:
"jtill" wrote in message
ps.com...
Three weeks ago I visited my home town, Malvern Arkansas and Oak
Grove
Arkansas for a reunion of cousins. At the Lone Hill and Social Hill
Cemeteries I collected several rose cuttings. Most are now rooting!
have no idea what they are but plan to grow them in pots as keepsake
momentos. Many of my relatives are buried at those places. Very
likely
these roses are hand-me-downs and could be very old. They could be
new,
we will see.
Joe T
Baytown/Houston

I think that makes you officially a "rose rustler".
Let us know how the cuttings turn out.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Gail
Now that the cuttings are leafing out should I move them from shade to
sun?
Joe T
Baytown

When I grew cuttings I kept them in partial shade
until they were fairly well established. I put them
under a young Bald cypress near my garage
where it was easy to water them daily and watch
their progress. I didn't want our relentless
TX sun to dry them out, which is a real concern.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

I followed your advice and they seem to be rooting. Some put on leaves
already.
Jo T

That sounds great. You might even see
some blooms before long. Keep us