Old 18-07-2006, 02:44 PM posted to austin.gardening
Dave-tx

Default Bald cypress

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:30:44 GMT, Jangchub wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:44:03 -0500, Dave-tx
wrote:

Cool, I'll chunk it in there once we're past the 100-degree days.
I'll worry about it less if it's a little cooler. Once it's
established, how much water beyond what's natural here in central
TX is needed?

Thanks,
Dave

Maybe Victor will know more, but I have never seen a bald cypress down
here in Austin which is not in an irrigated area. That said, if you
water with soaker hoses, depending on pressure, during the high summer
I'd say about 5 or 6 hours a week making sure you water it deeply.

Also, before you remove it from the container water it ten times, let
the water run out, water it again and again and again till that
rootball is completely saturated. If you don't do it in the
container, it will be virtually impossible to get that part of the
ball watered once in the ground and those are the only roots you have
on there for now.

Sounds good. Thanks to both of you for the help.

-Dave