Old 18-07-2006, 09:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
paghat

Default Oak-Leaf Hydrangeas

In article .com,
wrote:

My first oak-leaf hydrangea bloomed beautifully this year, and now the
deadheads are very unpretty. Should I remove them? The foliage is
already putting out new growth -- in 97-degree weather!

Thanks,

N. Taylor

In my garden when the flowers turn brown (a bit later than in yours) they
hold their shape so well that they're still pretty in autumn & part of
winter. I leave them until they get cruddy looking.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html