Old 19-07-2006, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
Steve

Default Poison Ivy

Steve wrote:

wrote:

Believe me, it's not Virginia Creeper or Box Elder. This thing had the
standard 3-leaf vine (~2ft long) branching off the 5-leaf vine (~6
inches long). The 5-leaf also had the center leaf with symetrical
(sp?) notches and all 4 side leaves with the irregular notches (few on
the side closest to the middle, many on the side furthest from the
middle). And it was definately 5 seperate leaves.

Like this plant?
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/l...330152.html?11

Well, I shouldn't have just left it like that. The pictures seem to be
Virginia Creeper (I guess) but that first picture appears to fit your
description of the notches being fewer on the inside.
I could go look closer at the Virginia Creeper in my yard but I recently
pulled most of it out (again). I've lived in the Adirondacks for nearly
30 years and I have never seen poison ivy here, though I am told it can
be found if you look in just the right places.

Steve