Old 18-03-2003, 10:44 PM
zxcvbob

Default Pepper growing question

"Dr." wrote:

"Pam Rudd" wrote in message
I don't. My pepper plants usually get large enough to be small
bushes. Putting two seeds together would make a mess of twisted
branches. Plus the ventilation would be decreased, which would
increase the chances of a mold or mildew.

Hi,

Do you stake your pepper plants? This year I'll be planting habanero,
jalapeno, serrano, cayenne, pablano, garden salsa, banana, and bell peppers.

Thanks,
Gary

I usually put those little cheap sorry tomato cages around my peppers. It
helps prevent broken branches when there's a wind storm or if they have a
heavy fruit load.

BTW, my brother bought mild habanero-like plants from some mail order place
last year instead of growing seeds. He watered them in with fish emulsion,
put a heavy duty 5' tomato cage around each one, and they grew over 8 feet
tall! I've never seen a pepper plant that big before, and he had a dozen
of 'em; several different varieties.

Best regards,
Bob

--
Have a Windows® computer that is powered on for hours at a time? Join the
search for a cure for cancer: http://grid.org/projects/cancer/