Old 18-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] A complete newbie living in the UK

In article ,
(Chris
McMillan) wrote:

A year ago this weekend my daughter was given an 8 year old

bonsai as
her 18th birthday present by a girlfriend. Not that I have

any idea
how the girl decided on a bonsai to celebrate such a long

friendship
which lasted almost 10 years (our girlfriend died of cancer

on
Christmas Day 2002). I'm very keen to give this tree my best

care -
alas green fingered I am not.

Her parents admit to not being gardeners so asking them

questions won't
produce many answers.

I can't tell you what sort of tree it is (its almost dark as

I write:
I'll look tomorrow). I know its now 9 years old.

Welcome to the Internet Bonsai Club.

Here is a website that lists a number of bonsai websites in
England (including Heron's, as mentioned by Liam). You should
find some help here.
http://www.worldbonsaiguide.com/uk.htm

You could also post a picture of the tree on our Gallery
(accessible through our website, below) and someone could tell
you then. My guess, based on your description is a Chinese elm
of some sort. They're tough.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --