Old 19-07-2006, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy Cap

Default Flower identification ?

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:55:11 +0100, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

"Andy Cap" wrote in message
.. .
Hi

Could someone kindly let me know the name of this flower.

http://www.postmaster.co.uk/fs/brigh...ic/Flower1.JPG

TIA Andy

Its Tritilaria (check spelling!) formally brodia (I think also spelt wrong)
usually found in the named form Queen Fabiola

Thanks for that. Very helpful.

Following your pointer, I've discovered that it is Brodiaea laxa, formerly
Triteleia laxa. ;-) It's also known in different places as

Grassnut; aka:
Blue Brodiaea, Bloomeria,
Fool's Onion,
Ithuriel's spear,
Long Rayed Triteleia,
Pretty Face,
Starflower,
Triplet Lily, or
Wild Hyacinth

It's basically a dry conditions, high temperature loving plant, that very
delicate and so unfortunately not suitable for my garden.

Cheers Andy