Old 19-07-2006, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
SallyJ

Default Puppy chewing plants: Any ideas?

I have a new puppy who is at the stage where everything (and I mean
everything) goes in his mouth! This includes flowers, leaves, twigs
and anything else he finds around the garden. I checked up which
plants were potentially poisonous and to my horror found that the list
includes many common species including virtually all bulbs,
philadelphus, ivy, delephiniums, lily of the valley, cherry laurel,
clematis armandii, dicentra and many more! Does anyone have any good
ideas about how to stop a puppy chewing these plants?

Many thanks

Sally Hayward
http://www.garden-marketplace.co.uk
Peace is the fruit of activity, not of sleep.
- Ancient Egyptian proverb