Old 19-07-2006, 12:06 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.rec.gardening
Alan Walker

Default Night scopes, lion poo and Maplins.

Krustov wrote:
uk.comp.homebuilt
Weatherlawyer
16 Jul 2006 02:32:18 -0700
.com

I have foxes tearing up some flower beds that I have spent ages on
this year. I can't afford the way they throw the soil onto the grass
let alone the damage to flowers on the other hand they might be
rewarding if put online.

Decisions decisions!

Cant remember if it was foxes - but seem to recall reading somewhere
if you visit your local zoo and get some lion poop - then some
animals wont even come near the place once you put it down .

Daresay a google search would be worthwhile if interested .

I knew somebody years ago swore by that trick. It was also, I'm told,
effective on demonstrations for keeping the police horses away from you.

I'm sure your local zoo would let you have some if you're prepared to shovel
it yourself.

If you have any cats or dogs in your house it might be quite disturbing for
them though.

Maplin and various other electric/electronic suppliers do a range of
infra-red cameras, alarms, floodlights etc. I'd expect a bright light
switched on by an IR detector would scare away your diggers, and might also
be used to trigger a cam. A properly sited light shouldn't be too disturbing
for you or neighbours.

--

Alan