Old 19-07-2006, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Fruit harvest

Cat(h) wrote:

(snip)

Add to that that the sun is splitting the rocks. Life is good!

Innit!

It was so hot yesterday, I went to the lotty at 7.30pm to harvest sweet
peas (from France, very strong scented), broadbeans, peas, raspberries,
redberries (as big as gooseberries these), cucumbers, chards, lettuces,
garlic and I took some pictures (below). The light at around 10pm was
amazing. The white flowers (leeks) were so ghostly, the grasses glowing
.... I couldn't go home it was so beautiful. And I stood there so
quietly for so long I spooked a cat drinking at my pond.

Now ... this young steamed broadbean you've eaten ... are you sure it's
a broadbean? Isn't it too hairy and chewy?! ;o)

http://cjoint.com/?htqI0fxRNC
http://cjoint.com/?htqJY5sECG
http://cjoint.com/?htqKvLQnLt