Old 20-07-2006, 02:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Sue

Default White flies in zucchini

I guess they're white flies - itty bitty absolutely white flying
thingies. I had them early on and sprayed with BugBGone. However,
now that I'm getting the zucchini I don't want to use any commercial
poison. Any ideas? Do they really hurt anything (aside from the fact
that I have to hold my breath when I'm in "the patch" to avoid
inhaling any of them)?
Also, although I'm out there every morning helping out the bees with
pollinating I'm still getting several of the little (one or two inches
long) yellow to brown to rotten zukes. I'm almost dead certain that
I'm not missing any of the females in my morning rounds. Do sometimes
the blossoms simply not open so can't be pollinated?
Sue