Old 20-07-2006, 02:40 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

Default Not sure if this is the right forum, but some critter is in my house

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"I Love Lucy" wrote:
It has a medium high-pitched, short chirp or cheep, one-time, stops a
bit then repeats, all times of the day or night then stops for lengthy
periods. I thought chipmunk, but they are usually more repetitive
vocally when they get going. I can't pinpoint where this is, I have a
cat so it is probably hiding, suspect the heat ducts but not sure
because the sound seems to alternate between the dining room and spare
bedroom, kitchen or back hall, it is hard to track the sound. This
has been going on for about a week now. I thought I might be hearing
things, but my daughter was here and heard it and asked what it was.

I bought a havahart live trap for smallish creatures, had a dickens of
a time getting it set, daughter figured out the final step, and loaded
it with sunflower seeds and a peanut. Nothing has happened yet.

A bat.

Shouldn't be a bat in the daytime.

It's inside the house no?

I always figure if they got in they can get out - but even in a house they
would find a hiding place and just "hang" during the day wouldn't they ?