Old 20-07-2006, 03:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

Default Not sure if this is the right forum, but some critter is in my house

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"I Love Lucy" wrote:
It has a medium high-pitched, short chirp or cheep, one-time, stops
a bit then repeats, all times of the day or night then stops for
lengthy periods. I thought chipmunk, but they are usually more
repetitive vocally when they get going. I can't pinpoint where
this is, I have a cat so it is probably hiding, suspect the heat
ducts but not sure because the sound seems to alternate between the
dining room and spare bedroom, kitchen or back hall, it is hard to
track the sound. This has been going on for about a week now. I
thought I might be hearing things, but my daughter was here and
heard it and asked what it was.

I bought a havahart live trap for smallish creatures, had a dickens
of a time getting it set, daughter figured out the final step, and
loaded it with sunflower seeds and a peanut. Nothing has happened
yet.

A bat.

Shouldn't be a bat in the daytime.

It's inside the house no?

I always figure if they got in they can get out - but even in a house
they would find a hiding place and just "hang" during the day wouldn't
they ?

They can get their shift mixed up in the rafters. "hang" is what they do
when they sleep?