Old 20-07-2006, 03:52 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
I Love Lucy

Default Not sure if this is the right forum, but some critter is in my house

"Bill" wrote in message
What about a bird's nest?
Chicks?? (Winged type).

That's a long shot, although . . .maybe a baby. I swear it is following
me through the house except to the back room where I have my computer.
I don't know what could last this long without getting fed unless there
are more than one . . ..

Birds have gotten in from time to time. A medium-sized brown woodpecker
somehow got in my computer room a few years ago. I have no idea how a
bird that large got in. We had a broken window in the attic and a hole
in the ceiling where my son's friend stepped through . . .who knows.
The window is now replaced, but there is a piece of wainscoating loose
in the eaves that needs to be repaired. A bat could easily get in
through there. I wouldn't think a bird would want to nest in the attic
as it is way too hot. A bat could quickly find its way to a cooler part
of the house by the air currents.

I'll try to figure it out tomorrow. I'm out of ideas. When it was in
the lr, I thought of just opening the front door and it might leave, but
I don't want bugs in here.