Old 20-07-2006, 02:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner

Default Japanese beetles on grape vine

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

I guess I've been lucky during 35 years of gardening - this is the first
time I've had to deal with Japanese beetles. They're decimating my grape
vine leaves. I doused them last night with disgusting, fermented
garlic/onion spray that I made last year, which chased them away. Are they a
short-visit pest, or do they tend to move in with their furniture and
extended families once they've found a snack they like?

Look into milky spore disease. If neighbors don't bother at least
the grubs in your yard will be less. Slow acting but lasts years. We
have used those yellow traps. Just be sure to place them far away from
your plants.

We don't have them about this year. Knock on wood ). No gyspy moths
either. Seems cyclical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_beetle

Bill

--