Old 20-07-2006, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Puppy chewing plants: Any ideas?

On 20/7/06 09:24, in article
, "SallyJ"
wrote:

Many thanks for all your ideas .. I have now fenced off the patio so he
can roam on this while staying safely in my sight ... have bought him a
wider range of chews.. am starting to teach him "drop".. and I keep
his favourite things within easy reach for rapid distraction. Once
again many thanks.

Sally, one thing I've seen people use, though I've never tried it myself,
is a plastic bottle with a few pebbles in it. When the puppy does something
you don't like, you rattle the bottle which makes them stop because it
distracts and slightly alarms them. Then you immediately call them to give
them a treat.
This year I've noticed one our dogs eating goose grass, BTW. No loss to us
but I do wonder why - there must be something medicinal in it.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk