Old 20-07-2006, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gardening_Convert

Default runner bean flowers just dropping off

Gardening_Convert wrote:
My runner bean doesn't seem to be setting fruit after flowering the
flowers are just dropping off.

Is this to do with the heat and watering ?

Actually I watched an old Gardener's World last night on satillite with
the late great Geoff Hamilton. He had the same problem and his
explaination was the runner beans are cold weather beans and in hot
weather your should grow French beans that are hot weather beans. So
if Geoff was getting the same problem then I don't feel so bad myself