Old 21-07-2006, 01:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Frank

Default Japanese beetles on grape vine

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
I guess I've been lucky during 35 years of gardening - this is the first
time I've had to deal with Japanese beetles. They're decimating my grape
vine leaves. I doused them last night with disgusting, fermented
garlic/onion spray that I made last year, which chased them away. Are they a
short-visit pest, or do they tend to move in with their furniture and
extended families once they've found a snack they like?

I you are adverse to using Sevin, there are traps.
But, don't do the stupid thing I did and hang traps near the grapes.
Place away from crops you want to protect, otherwise they snack before
going to sleep in the trap.

Frank