Old 20-07-2006, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David

Default need plants to control weeds

There's an area of waste land at the end of my garden. It's actually a steep bank and is quite difficult to stand on it without sliding down. It's covered with bramble plants and I've started cutting out the brambles. The ground underneath is clear of weeds due to the bramble canopy. Is there anything I could plant in the ground that would provide good ground cover, keep the weeds down, and not grow too high, up to 20 feet would be alright. I haven't money to buy plants, so I was thinking that maybe there's something in the countryside that I could use like hawthorn, etc. Any ideas?