Old 21-07-2006, 03:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
?

Default Request for the group...

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:35:16 -0400 in Ray wrote:
...and maybe a bit anal, but...

Please configure your newsgroup client to add your response ABOVE the quoted
message.

Alas, that runs counter to the "netiquette" RFC.
If top posting is the preferred method, it should have been
in or added to the charter referenced at newsgroup creation.
On the other hand...

[Complaint Sneeped]

If I'm new to the thread, I'll be happy to dig a bit more.

Well if folks would trim, which is also suggested in the RFC,
it wouldn't be as onerous.
Better newsreaders also tend to have keystrokes to jump
past quoted text.

To be fair, I haven't been anal enough to find the newgroup message
nor see if there is a related charter.
--
Chris Dukes
"The key to effective management is properly timed hovering."