Old 21-07-2006, 09:21 AM posted to aus.gardens
James McNangle

Default Mystery plant

Last spring a strange plant appeared in our vegetable garden. It had large
furry leaves, and grew very rapidly. I was intrigued, so I left there to see
what would happen. It is now a very substantial plant -- more than two metres
high -- and has developed a number of heads of solanum type flowers. You can
see some photos of it at: http://www.corybas.com/Technical/Mystery_plant.htm

It reminds me rather of tobacco, but a Greek friend tells us that it is a type
of eggplant, and that if we had had it grafted we would have an ample supply of
eggplants.

Can anyone cast any further light on what it is?

James McNangle