Old 21-07-2006, 02:20 PM posted to austin.gardening
dt

Default Austin Pond Society Tour July 15-16th

Libralove wrote:

Victor Martinez wrote:

Libralove wrote:

Would that be a problem for you, Victor? To let a neighbor spend 2-3
minutes looking at your pond without paying $10.?

Not at all. As a matter of fact, when our garden was in the Garden
Conservancy's tour a few years back, our rule was that neighbors could
come in for free. As a courtesy because of the extra cars they would
have to deal with.

See, that! My feeling as well. So we are on the same page -- you and I
after all.

group. Go to a meeting and sign up for a board position. They are
having trouble keeping board members.

Thanks, I already serve on one non-profit board.

Good for you. That's the spirit! It's important to give back to the
community.

You sound like you will fit like a glove with their philosophy of
friendliness and public relations with no excuses for free pond peaks.

Whatever.

Yeah... whatever. LOL

Cheers to You! LL

LL, I missed the tour this year, but I've been to
the previous four. Two of those four years, there
was a pond within a mile of my girlfriend's house
that I wanted her to see. Both times, the
volunteers let her in for free. Most of the
volunteers I've dealt with in those four years
were just wonderfully friendly people.

"Official policy" should probably be what official
policy is, but letting a neighbor in for a free
peek should be considered cheap advertising. If
it's done with a "nudge, nudge, I really
shouldn't, just this time, don't tell anybody"
then everybody could go home feeling good.

Don't give up, girl. If you do, the *******s win.

DT