Old 21-07-2006, 05:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Joe T

Default Request for the group...

Joe T wrote:
Test
Joe T
Ray wrote:
...and maybe a bit anal, but...

Please configure your newsgroup client to add your response ABOVE the quoted
message.

When I have been following a thread, it's a PITA to have to scroll down
through tons of quoted info to find your response. I already know what's
been going on, and I want to know YOUR response, and not have to drill down
through what I've already read.

If I'm new to the thread, I'll be happy to dig a bit more.

Quoted from GOOGLE Help

"How can I automatically quote the previous message when I post a
reply?

If you are replying to a post in a Usenet newsgroup, both the "Reply"
link at the bottom of the post and the one under "show options" at the
top of the post will quote the full text of the previous message in the
composition window.

If you are replying to a post in a Google Group, you can select either
the "Reply with quote" link at the bottom of the post or the "Reply"
link under "show options" at the top of the post. The full text of the
angle brackets () at the start of each line. You can place your
comments between lines of the quote or simply add your thoughts at the
bottom."

Clear as mud (not Aussie Gold") right. I come here through a GOOGLE
group, do not all of you? Maybe not. I don't know what you are seeing
when I post but I see my comment plus "-see quoted text-". Seldom do I
post the text I am replying to unless it seems needed. At least I think
I do that ;-)). I am not a great reader of instructions.For instance, I
seldom Preview my posts, hell I just wrote it! So it goes.

Ray thanks for bringing up this topic, many may be hacked about it and
reluctant to speak.

Joe T