Old 21-07-2006, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

Default What are the absolute best gardening tools?

In message , Rod Craddock
writes
"Chris" ] wrote in message
news
What are the absolute best gardening tools?

My grandfather was a good gardener - and he told me, "Always buy the
best tools you can afford".

At long last, I believe him!
So ... what are the best of the best?

Felco secateurs
Tina knives
Wolf tools do some good hoes etc - avoid their really weird designs
tho.
Decent trowels etc are hard to find.
Spades and forks likewise, you just have to try some that look OK, use
them over many years and if they haven't broken after that you've
forgotten what make they are or the mfr has gone out of business.

And Hawes watering cans - very important, especially in droughts like
the one we are having at present. As they are perfectly balanced, you
can make a full can of water go an awful long way.
--
June Hughes