Old 21-07-2006, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

Default Is anyone?

"madgardener" wrote in message

Very few English houses have air conditioning so our method in this house
is
to open windows but close curtains or shutters, keeping the rooms aired
but
cooler.

I'm even thinking of getting back to enduring the heat a bit better like I
used to before we became so dependent on air conditioning.

There are places n the world where temperatures are higher than our and your
extreme ones for longer periods. They don't have fans or ac.

Just a fan placed out on the porch and blowing where the BBQ pit fountain
and fish pond is has shown me the temperatures were almost 30o degrees
cooler! (it's been up in the UPPER 90's for DAYS now........)

Fans and ac use fossil fuels to power them (unless you have pv) so are
ADDING to global warming ...

Mary